How To Clean Up Your Driving Record in Missouri

Table of Contents

Call St. Louis traffic law attorney Andrea Storey Rogers today at (314) 724-5059 to clean up your Missouri driving record.

Withdraw Your Guilty Plea To Get a Clean Driving Record

When you plead guilty to a speeding ticket, three things happen:

  1. A conviction shows up on your driving record.
  2. Points are added to your driving record.
  3. Your insurance rates will probably increase.

If you accumulate too many points on your driving record, your license will be suspended or revoked.

Many defendants have hired me to withdraw their plea because their license has been suspended for having too many points on their driving record and they need to get those points removed from their record. Often, people don’t realize how many points they have on their driving record until they receive a warning from the state that their license is about to be suspended or revoked.

Some people hire me to withdraw their guilty plea and get their ticket reduced to a no-point violation because they have been offered a job that requires that they have a clean driving record.

Regardless of the reason, if you want to clean up your driving record and remove points, you will need to hire an experienced traffic law attorney to withdraw your guilty plea.

How to Withdraw Your Guilty Plea For a Speeding Ticket 

First, your attorney will file a motion with the court to withdraw your guilty plea.

Next, if the judge approves the motion to withdraw your guilty plea, your attorney will then work out a deal with the Prosecutor to reduce your speeding ticket to a non-moving no-point violation that won’t affect your driving record or insurance rates.

In many cases, the attorney can take care of everything without the defendant having to appear in court.

Please Note:  It is much more difficult, if not impossible, to withdraw your guilty plea if you were represented by an attorney when you originally pleaded guilty, or if too much time has passed since your guilty plea.

Withdrawing Your Plea Removes Points From Your Driving Record

After your attorney withdraws your guilty plea and reduces your speeding ticket to a non-moving, no-point violation, the court will require you to pay the difference between the original fine you already paid and the new fine assessed by the Prosecutor.

Then the points for the original speeding ticket will be removed from your driving record and there will be no conviction on your driving record.

Withdrawing Your Guilty Plea Can Lift Your Driver’s License Suspension

If your driver’s license was suspended because you accumulated too many points on your driving record, withdrawing your guilty plea and getting your ticket reduced to a no-point violation will clean up your record and lift your suspension. 

You Can Also Withdraw Your Guilty Plea For a Criminal Offense

If you pleaded guilty in the past to a criminal offense and you have now changed your mind about your plea, you can withdraw your guilty plea and hire an attorney to negotiate a plea bargain with the Prosecutor to get your criminal charge dismissed or reduced to a lesser offense.

Click here to read my previous blog post about how to withdraw your guilty plea for a criminal offense, such as marijuana possession, drug paraphernalia, or shoplifting.

To withdraw your guilty plea and clean up your driving record, call St. Louis attorney Andrea Storey Rogers at (314) 724-5059 for a flat-fee price quote for legal representation. Or email Andrea at [email protected]

Andrea Rogers
Andrea Rogers

With over 15 years of concentrated experience in Missouri traffic law and misdemeanors, Andrea Rogers of The Rogers Law Firm provides personalized, flat-fee legal services backed by a case outcome guarantee for every client she takes on across the state.